Do You Want To Become A Social Worker, Develop Your Professional Expertise or Return To Social Work?
If you are interested in qualifying education or continuous professional development in social work, you have come to the right place.
Do you want to become a social worker?
Do you want to develop your capability in direct practice, practice education or management?
Been out of social work for 3-5 years? Contact us to discuss your opportunities.
BA Social Work
The BA is both an academic and professional qualification, and is therefore ideal if you’re interested in pursuing a professional career in social work.
MA Social Work
This Masters programme is ideal if you are a graduate, with relevant experience, interested in pursuing a professional career in social work.
Step Up To Social Work
Step Up to Social Work is an intensive, 14-month, full-time programme for trainee social workers. Trainees will work in a local authority, gaining hands-on practitioner experience and academic learning.
MA Level CPD Modules
The CPD modules at Goldsmiths form part of the MA in Professional Leadership in Social Work. Employers usually fund you to take individual modules on this programme.
MA in Professional Leadership in Social Work
This programme is designed for Social Workers and has three pathways: Direct Practice, Practice Education and Management. Only apply if you already have sufficient credits from the CPD programme.
SELTP CPD Offer
In addition to the above programmes, the SELTP offers in-house training.
Why come to South East London?
As a pioneering Social Work Teaching Partnership early adopter (one of only four such sites in the country) we have spent the past two years revolutionising the support offered to local children, adults and families. We will offer the following value-added elements:
- Social work education and training that is leading the way in meeting government-specified standards
- A diverse, supportive and reflective learning community
- An enriched curriculum, which is delivered by practising social workers, service users and carers, as well as experienced academics
- Guaranteed high quality placements with a well-trained supervisor
- A guaranteed interview on successful completion of the programme
- First class career development opportunities within the partnership
Do You Have
What It Takes?
We are looking for strong graduates who have relevant experience of working with children, young people and families and who can demonstrate their maturity and emotional resilience.
You are eligible to apply for this programme if you can demonstrate you already have:
- A minimum 2:1 level 6 degree qualification
- Or, an honours degree plus a higher degree (level 7 or above)
- Grade C or above GSCE in English/ English Language and Maths (or recognised equivalent)
- Experience of working with children, young people and families
For more information, please visit:
Online applications open 28 March and close 5 May 2017
When applying please indicate which borough you are most interested in working for. We will endeavour to ensure that you are allocated to the borough of your choice within the partnership.
Be the difference!
Skills For Care
Once you have qualified, you will enter into a 12 month Assessed and Supported Year in Practice. At the end of the 12 months, you will consolidate your learning and gain academic credits – your first building block to your post-qualifying journey! After the ASYE, you will also benefit from an Early Professional Development Programme that will involve some coaching and career conversations to support and build your career in Social Work.